Friday, July 8, 2011

How to Make Awesomely Cheap, Easy and Fancy Candle Holders


This is a good project if you've had some old jars/vases/plain candle holders lying around and don't know what to do with them.

What you'll need:

-Jars (I actually found these candle holders "as is" in Michael's, because they were missing a part, for $1.50 each.)
-Yarn
- White Spray Paint (If you're like me and don't spray paint a lot, they make small cans of spray paint for super cheap in craft stores so you don't have to spend $6 on a can of spray paint you're going to use once. Also, I would imagine other colors would work just as well if you're going for something to brighten up your table a little more...I haven't tried it...yet :))
- Ribbon (or fabric)

How to do it:
1. Wrap yarn around jars, criss-crossing them to give them a pattern. Start from the bottom and end at the bottom, use tape to secure them, but make sure the tape is underneath the jar.
2. Spray paint! This was so fun. I'd never spray painted anything before and I may have over done it a little. I did about 2 coats, waiting for a little bit between them.
3. I think they look nice just like that, but to add a little more color, tie a bow with ribbon or a strip of fabric around the top of it. I'm looking forward to changing the color of it every so often :)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment