Thursday, July 21, 2011

Jewelry Guide II (How to Make Impressive Jewelry Without Actually Being Impressive)

When it comes to jewelry, I still have more ideas than I do skill. Toight I did a few necklaces to kill some time, and use up some pendants I had lying around. I found a really simple way to make a fairly impressive necklace without having very much skill.

I swear to God I'm wearing clothes!
This definitely looks more intimidating than it actually is.

You'll need:

- 3 Segments of chain (Mine are 14", 17.5" and 22")
- 3 Jump rings
- 3 Pendants (and jump rings)
- Lobster Clasp

The 3 chains can go on one jump ring, starting with the shortest:


I added the 2nd jump ring so it won't twist as much when you clasp it around your neck.

Now do the same thing on the other side, plus a lobster clasp.This time I put the longest one on first.






I put the charms on while I was wearing the necklace. I guess if you're a more logical/patient person, you could measure the chain and find the exact middle, but I'm not that patient...or logical.

This is really nice if you have a few charms laying around that wouldn't look great right next to each other, or if you've just been looking to make something with your extra chain that isn't just your typical necklace. Also, like I said, it looks more impressive, with very minimal extra work :)

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment